Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Afternoon

I see that there will be a revision of the 2019 regulations at some point?

When are they likely to be out, and can you foresee much that id have to worry about from the 2019 v1 version, as i’m looking at buying the base car this month.

Many Thanks, and hopefully we will get to the BARC stand at ASI on Friday for a look round a built car!

Steve
    Wolds Motorsport Engineering

Caryl Wills
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,
    There are minor clarifications to be made to the regs and they will not affect the base car.

Thats great.

Many Thanks.

Caryl Wills
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,
    A new version of the draft 2019 regulations has been posted on the website.

john33
    Participant

I see that a final version of the regulations has been published now.

The publishing of the regulations is a bit haphazard, with no notification of when new versions are released and no information on any changes that have been made.

Why haven’t the changes made to them from the previous version been highlighted as is normally done with regulations? Giving the reasoning behind the changes that have been made would also be helpful.

Could we at the very least have a news letter with a summary of all the regulations that have changed between this final 2019 version and the 2018 regulations sent to all the competitors?

john33
    Participant

Bit of a thread bump.

I notice that an even more finalised version of the supposedly already ‘Final’ regs has been published today, again without any notification to competitors and without updating the publication date shown on the document. Has this new revision been through the approval process with MSUK?

Why hasn’t any text in the regs that has been added or changed from last year been highlighted in a different colour so that it is immediately obvious, like every single other championship and series in the UK does?

Caryl Wills
    Keymaster

Hi John,
    Thanks for bringing these issues to my attention. I was in the middle of doing a bulletin when my day job got in the way. I’ve updated the publish date on the cover page and everyone is about to be sent a bulletin describing the change that has been made. I’ll look at identifying the changes from 2019 to 2020 for next year when I’ve a moment – the filters in Word 2016 revision tracking don’t work very well when the document is saved as a PDF, but I’ll see if there is another way to do it.

Thanks Caryl, all printed off!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.