Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JP
    Participant

Hi all , as I have seen from other posts the rear window film is extremely challenging so after having a couple of goes at it I decided to cheat and get a professional to have a go , he has managed to do it quite nicely but disappointingly has only gone up to the black surface and not covered it , as this is still glass I’m almost certain this will need covering but wanted to ask before I bite the bullet peel it off and start from square one again
    Thanks for your help in advance

felix
    Participant

Did you ever get a reply for this?

Hi,
    We got our rear window professionally covered and like yours ours does not go completely to the edge of the glass…Most of the scrutineers have commented on the neat-ness of the film and some have said to get the whole glass covered…we were thinking of some black duck tape!!

james.taylor
    Participant

Hi JP,

We have a professional who does our windows and others, who does a fantastic job, no bubbles or wrinkles. He explained that due to the curvature of the window going much beyond the start of black is extremely difficult as the material is already at it’s limit. We’ve not been challenged on our job, but if you did need to cover it you could do it separately as suggested above.

For anyone who might be interested, Lion window films are offering a rear glass safety film service for £80 including labour and materials. If you’re interested feel free to email me, james.taylor@3spark.co.uk – we are arranging to do delivery/swaps to most race meets.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.