Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Order66
    Participant

I’ve done track-days for years I’ve got a Bell KF3 Sport helment, which according to Bell’s own catalog is FIA 8858 – 2010 “compatible”, Snell SA2010 Homologated and came with the HANS posts pre-installed. However, apart from the HANS posts having the FIA number on them, there are no other FIA/SNELL stickers or markings on the helmet.

Is this normal? Will I be able to race with this – do the scrutineers have some sort of lookup of the helmet types/approval. I bought the helment brand new and it never had any sticker.

I’m guessing it proably won’t be good enough for Spa, but if I can get some of the UK season out of the way with it that would help the budgeting.

Caryl Wills
    Keymaster

Have a look under the padding – there should be all the required stickers either stuck to the shell or sewn into the lining.

Order66
    Participant

Thnks Caryl, after a brief excavation of the foam padding I found the stickers – both Snell and FIA hidden behind the upper padding….relief….

Order66
    Participant

Just to query this a bit further – now I’ve found the stickers, would this helmet be eligible to race at Spa?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.