Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CATDT
    Participant

We have lots of friends and family wishing to come to support the race over the weekend but I am being asked what this statement by Silverstone on their website means:

Yes this event has an open paddock. Access to the pit garages, however, is restricted to working team and competitors.

Does it mean there will be Marshalls refusing access to us in the garages? If yes, sadly I think many will not come, even with the £25 pp ticket price.

Grateful for your knowledge please on what is being allowed.

KR
    Jo

Caryl Wills
    Keymaster

Hi Jo,
    The ticket gives you access to the paddock. I would suggest that you would be able to access your team’s garage by invitation. If this proves to be an issue, please come and see one of the club directors in the club HQ (middle of the paddock) and we will sort it out. I think the circuit are trying to protect the teams from being inundated by the general public when most garages will have potentially 50-60 personnel working in or around each garage. It is not our intention to prevent any family or friends from visiting their team in their garage.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Caryl Wills.

CATDT
    Participant

Thanks Caryl – that is what I thought but people are reluctant to commit if this is the case. I will relay and hopefully it will put their minds at rest that they will be able to come and speak with those of us who can. Definitely conscious of the volume of people.

Whilst on the subject of the general public – we are going to put an advisory out on our Facebook page about smoking and alcohol. Should we ‘jump’ on any member of the public walking by who might be doing either and politely request they refrain in the pit area, or do we not need to be that paranoid to avoid disqualification?

KR
    Jo

Caryl Wills
    Keymaster

That’s a good point Jo. Smoking (including vaping) is banned in the garages, but is OK in the paddock.

Drinking in the garages is allowed, but not for drivers, mechanics, pit crew or team managers. Many garages will be kitted out with tables and chairs for the teams to prepare and eat their meals. I would be surprised if these activities didn’t involve a beer or a glass of wine or 2 and that’s fine. We want people to have a good time, but will not tolerate any alcohol consumption by drivers or any member of the team that is involved with the maintenance or management of the car including those people responsible for the car’s release into the pit lane as per MSUK regs.

If you have any concerns about this, please come and talk to one of the directors in the Club HQ at any point during the meeting.

CATDT
    Participant

Thank you Caryl, greatly appreciate your full explanation.

KR
    Jo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.