Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rollo tomasi
    Participant

Our race-ready car (which did race last year) had no window film on the side windows or rear window, which was something of a surprise. Having just spent a very frustrating few hours trying to make the stick-on film follow the contours of the glass, I’d be interested if anyone has found the key to successful film application? The door windows are not bad, and the same for the side windows, but the tailgate glass is so 3-dimensional that I’ve ended up cutting the film about to make it follow the curves. Maybe a hair dryer or heat gun will help the film to stretch? All opinions welcome, because at the moment it looks like the work of a three-year-old child……..

simon.pugh6
    Participant

Don’t bother with a heat gun, this stuff is nothing like the tinting film being applied on YouTube videos. We cut ours into strips and applied them horizontally. If I had to do it again I’d do it in vertical strips.

Risky37
    Participant

Ours was a nightmare. Eventually took it to be done by a professional. He couldn’t manage it without a few (unseen – hidden by the dark glass) creases but enough for him to only charge £40.

frogeye3
    Participant

Use the 50 micron stuff and cut it into 10cm strips for the rear and apply it vertically from the centre outwards it wont be 100% but its as close as you will get. Don’t use a heat gun as it makes it worse – can use a bit of suds and water but only a small amount.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.