Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    symoncockill
    Participant

How do you wire your lights ,separate switch in car or so the come on with high beam,if so do you use the wiring on the back of the head lamp bulbs

Philip Myatt

piggy back from back of LHS headlight unit, so that they come on when you operate main beam. Definitely no extra switch inside the car, the extra switch and its wiring is not a permitted modification.

symoncockill
    Participant

Phillip its not a simple as that as you have 13 volts when turned off, Clive is going to post a wiring diagram on the unofficial C1 Facebook page, I am sure C1 official see that they will allow him to post to there site, you will need a 4 pin relay wire etc etc and in line fuse and holder.

Philip Myatt

I agree, my note was somewhat simplistic. We have ours wired through a fused relay which has now done 3x24hr races with no issue. Its also slightly odd in that its a switched earth.

dave
    Participant

Please don’t post important technical info on Freakbook
    Some people don’t use it
    Technical info should be posted here please

tim Storrar
    Participant

Just about to start wiring in my lamps, any diagram and instructions for a wiring simpleton would be gratefully accepted. Some pictures even better. Don’t do Facebook.

Thanks,

Tim Storrar.

symoncockill
    Participant

Philip if you go to unofficial C1 Facebook page Clive has put up a picture of wiring for head lamps ,if you wish to copy it to C1 web site

Tom10
    Participant

Could anybody tell me the easiest was to trigger the Relay for the LED Spotlights? All three feeds to the headlight seem to show 12v even with the ignition off. If I connect to the main beam it triggers ok but also triggers when the lights are off? Thanks

Philip Myatt

Its a switched earth system, adjust the wires accordingly.

Caryl Wills
    Keymaster

Clive Brookson posted a circuit diagram on Facebook a while ago. I’ve stolen borrowed added that diagram to the build notes at the very bottom of the page. I hope it helps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.