The C1 Racing Club signs a sponsorship and technical support agreement with PSA Group’s Trade Team.
PSA Group’s Trade Team and C1 Racing Club have today signed an exciting agreement for PSA Group’s Trade Team to sponsor the C1 Racing Series and to provide a range of support to the Series and its competitors. This consists of:
- The sun visor strip for the season will carry the Trade Team branding;
- Trade Team will be providing a 20% discount to all Club members for C1 parts purchased from Trade Team. We are determined that the cars should remain as close to original specification as possible; so that racing should be as close as possible. Trade Team provides OEM parts and very competitive pricing, allowing all competitors to benefit from the quality, durability and know how that has gone into the OEM parts
- PSA Group will also provide technical support and information, via the Club, to its members, to ensure that the cars remain as close to original specification as possible; and that competitors can race safely
- PSA Group will make available, via the Club website, Citroen C1 parts diagrams, in order to help club members identify the correct OEM replacement parts for their cars
- Trade Team will be providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes and winners caps for the drivers at each race meeting
- Trade Team race suit badges will be available for club members to sew on to their race suits
- The Club will also be testing a variety of parts with a view to their becoming compulsory in 2019, in order further to drive costs down and ensure conformity between competitors cars
We look forward to working with PSA Group’s Trade Team and building on our relationship together throughout 2018.
Launched in April 2017, the C1 Racing Club was established to deliver low-cost, value-for-money endurance racing. It has been a runaway success, with a 2018 season comprising five UK enduros and two UK 24-hour races, at Rockingham, Pembrey, Snetterton and Croft; plus the iconic Spa 24-hour race in Belgium. Over 130 C1 Racing cars are now built or in build; and we expect to have full grids at each race meeting, making for very close and exciting racing.
PSA Group was officially established in 2016 and brought together some of Europe’s most iconic car brands: Peugeot, Citroën, DS Automobiles and most recently Vauxhall and Opel. With over 200 years of automotive history, PSA Group is no stranger to the world of motor sport having competed in the likes of WRC, WRX, Dakar and Formula E to name but a few.
PSA Group’s Trade Team offers competitively-priced genuine parts for Peugeot, Citroën and DS Automobiles as well as the competitively-priced Eurorepar range designed for all makes and models of vehicle. Trade Team’s parts are manufactured and tested to the highest levels of quality standards and ensures that vehicles operate as safely and reliably as they did when they were new.
Colin Start, Head of Marketing for Parts & Service for the PSA Group said:
“PSA Group’s Trade Team is delighted to be sponsoring and providing technical support to the C1 Racing Club. The Series has gained enormous popularity because of its focus on low-cost endurance racing; and has demonstrated again the reliability and handling prowess of the Citroen C1; there is no better medium than racing for testing durability to the very limits.
We at PSA Group want to support that success and ensure that competitors have access to the correct technical information on the cars as well as offering competitive prices on our own parts for the cars, as required by the regulations. The PSA Group Trade Team Programme is designed to assist all Independent Motor Traders and Repairers in delivering outstanding service to owners of Peugeot, Citroën and DS Automobiles vehicles through technical assistance and highly competitive trade parts prices. Competitors in the C1 Racing Series will have access to exactly the same information, assistance and pricing as our other customers.”
Meyrick Cox, Chairman of the C1 Racing Club, added:
“We are thrilled that Peugeot Citroen and Trade Team have the confidence to support our Series and that they will be supporting us both through sponsorship, technical assistance and Trade Team parts supply at a 20% discount. Trade Team will also be providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for drivers at the race meetings.
The C1 Racing Challenge is going from strength to strength. Our first season saw grids building from 8 cars at our first race to over 40 cars at the Spa 24-hour. There are now over 130 C1 Racing cars built or in build. Both 24hr races have full grids of 53 cars each; our smallest grid this year will be at Pembrey, with 48 cars; and we are expecting full grids at every meeting. We have increased the Pembrey and Croft races to 5 hours, free of charge to competitors, in order to be able to increase the available grid slots at those races.
The season opens shortly with the test and BBQ day at Rockingham on 20th April. We are looking forward to working more closely with PSA Group’s Trade Team; and can’t wait for the racing to get underway.”